Wednesday 21 September 2011

Skulduggery Pleasant

I discovered the series of books a few years ago now, when I came across the first book in WHSmiths. It looked incredibly interesting so I decided to give it a read. I never put it down!


Now, Derek Landy has written 7 sequels! If you don't know the story here is a quick over view:


There is an elementalist skeleton who can control air, water and fire. His name is Skulduggery Pleasant, he is a magical detective in the town of Dublin. He has an assistant called Stephanie Edgley who is learning to control the elements. The stories are based around these two people and the investigations that they get into. They have saved the world multiple times and have died a couple and miraculously come back to life!


Anyway, the most recent one came out at the beginning of September. I read it within a week. I am so addicted to these books! I know most of you might hate me for saying this but I prefer it to HARRY POTTER! I know, I am sorry. But it's true I think that it is a better fantasy book.


Anyway, you should all definitely try to read some of them! It is actually really amazing!



No comments: